Sunday, February 10, 2019

The Confident Man or Woman :: College Admissions Essays

The Confident piece or Woman Im one of those people that are never satisfied. Thats not to say that I dont enjoy liveliness, far from it. Its more that I am always analysing, thinking and predicting. The outcome of all this, is that I like to pick up different ways of doing things. Sometimes the new way doesnt work, sometimes it does and I try to bed it d knowledge before moving on to the succeeding(a) improvement. Perhaps, part of the reason I am this way is that Im task oriented, (a psych border if ever there was one). As a rule, I dont care how I get there, but once I set myself a goal, I dont stop till its achieved. I rarely think near ego, my own or anyone elses, nor do I tend to worry about peoples feelings. This has dropped me in a lot of hot water, both in my private life and at school. I say that something is not going to plan and because needs to be fixed and the person prudent for that thing invariant bestows offence. Clearly I am calling into question their ri ght to follow as a human being. Why are so legion(predicate) people so thin skinned? If I dont feel anything shun towards someone, and therefore no hint of sarcasm or accusation should unload my words, and I am stating nothing but facts and agreed objectives, where is the justification to take offence? Are we so far down the road to policy-making correctness that we can no longer even talk about areas that need work, without being accused of being insensitive, authoritative, etcetera? As another(prenominal) example, while playing tennis doubles I ask my supply to cover more of the centre- cost when I am receiving. I explain that the host has a wide angle serve which is forcing me to return from outside of the court entirely. Do I get a nod of agreement and a more effective team? No. I get aggressiveness because the message inferred was that my partner was not pulling her weight or was responsible for the last point lost or some other imagined insult.

No comments:

Post a Comment